Dad: You’re back! How was your shopping trip?爸爸:你回來了!購物怎么樣?
Willing: It went great! I bought some new clothes for myself and got something for both of you too.Willing:非常順利!我給自己買了些新衣服,還給你們倆也買了禮物。
Mom: Really? That’s so thoughtful of you! What did you get us?媽媽:真的嗎?你真貼心!買了什么給我們?
Willing: Here, I got each of you a red wool scarf. It’s perfect for the New Year and will keep you warm.Willing:給,這是我給你們每人買的紅色羊毛圍巾,很適合過年,也很保暖。
Dad: Wow, it feels so soft! Red is such a nice color for the New Year.爸爸:哇,手感好軟!紅色過年真的很喜慶。
Mom: It’s beautiful! You didn’t have to, but thank you so much.媽媽:真漂亮!你不用特地買的,但還是謝謝你。
Willing: I wanted to. You’ve done so much for me; it’s my turn to give back.Willing:我想買的。你們為我做了那么多,現在該我回報你們了。
Mom: You’re such a good child. Have you eaten? We made your favorite dishes for dinner.媽媽:你真是個好孩子。你吃過了嗎?我們做了你最喜歡的菜。
Willing: Not yet! I was so busy shopping that I didn’t have time.Willing:還沒呢!我逛街忙得沒時間吃。
Dad: Great! Go wash your hands, and let’s eat together.爸爸:太好了!快去洗手,我們一起吃飯吧。
Willing: Okay, give me a minute. By the way, do you think these clothes look good on me?Willing:好,等我一下。對了,你們覺得我買的這些衣服好看嗎?
Mom: They look fantastic! Red really suits you.媽媽:非常好看!紅色真的很適合你。
Dad: And the vest is a good match too. You’ll be the most stylish one at the family gathering.爸爸:還有馬甲也很搭。你肯定會成為家族聚會里最時尚的一個。
Willing: Thanks! I’m glad you like everything. Let’s eat now.Willing:謝謝!我很高興你們都喜歡。我們開飯吧!
常見單詞和短語:
shopping trip 購物行程
thoughtful 貼心的
give back 回報
wool scarf 羊毛圍巾
soft 軟的
stylish 時尚的
family gathering 家族聚會
favorite dishes 最喜歡的菜